So here we are at January 15th and I sit here with no changes being made.
1. The Christmas tree is still up in the living room, but still has needles upon it.
2. My current sewing projects sit untouched in the corner.
3. The girls rooms remain a mish mosh of assorted parts and pieces with books and dolls and little tidbits, falling about everywhere.
4. My room continues to look “unfinished” and bland.
5. My filing from my old household still sits in three brown paper bags waiting for a good clean out and a neat filing space.
6. Not one yoga stretch has been done.
7. Though the kids are eating well, my diet continues to be “rubbish”.
8. The girls continue to sleep in my bed every night. I’ve been relegated to Boo’s bed and it’s really, really comfortable, but still.
Though there have been some accomplishments. I hung up some beautiful Etsy prints from Hide N Seek in the hallway. My dining room curtains are up, FINALLY. The downstairs is relatively organized, thanks to some 20 minute speed cleaning episodes on the weekend.
And I have managed a wake me up shower every morning and managed to get to bed on time every night this week.
The organization upstairs has to be a priority this weekend. Just so I feel better walking around up there.
There is that term out there that I despise, WORK/LIFE BALANCE. I never can seem to achieve it.
This week I’ve been cranky, irritable and short-tempered with the girls. There may be some other reasons for this, wink, wink, but I think I really need to sit down and work out some priorities and some organization.
You know schedules and lists and calendars and stuff. Yuck! I am so not that person, but for sanity’s sake, I think it’s something I must strive for.
In the midst of it all comes the one thing though that I have done this New Year which was spend more time with each of my girls and so far we are managing that quite well.