I had photography class on Wednesday night. We basically talked about aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc. The real education will come when I take my camera out and experiment with these options over the weekend. My nemesis is low light. Horrible, horrible indoor, low light. Will work on this. Tonight I took this picture in the complete dark in my living room with no flash. I’m getting there. It’s a learning process. I thought I would share a few details of the photo.
1. My computer. Or my extra appendage. I was a reluctant convert to Apple, and now I would never go back.
2. My music. While I wrote this blogpost, my Itunes went from Blues Traveler, to Bob Marley, to Brett Dennen to Brooks & Dunn to Colbie Caillet to Coldplay to Colin Hay. Very obviously I have an eclectic taste in music, and it’s almost always on when I’m in the house. Music seems to always be the background to my life. Or perhaps I am afraid of the quiet.
3. NorvelleHimself, my step-father’s new blog. He showed it to me tonight. So far he has posted pictures from life on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, where they have a summer home. The girls and I are planning a trip there next summer. It’s 23 hours away. It’s been about nine years since I’ve been there, and I ache to go back. I love that my family is blogging. My Aunt sent me a link a couple of weeks ago as well, she started a blog for her English as A Second Language class as a part of their computer literacy. I love seeing their progress as they start to master a very difficult language indeed. They are adults and they have wonderful comments about their life here and what they miss about their homelands. I am not posting a link as she is using this for classroom purposes, but so glad she shared it with me.
4. A glass of Root1 Cabernet Sauvignon, it’s a Friday night ritual, a reward after a long week.
5. Notecards still sitting on my computer desk from a package I mailed out to blog friends this week. I have a whole drawer full of cards upstairs in my bedroom. Never underestimate the power of a handwritten note in the mailbox.
6. A back issue of Living Crafts magazine. I pulled it out to check into certain types of wool for a project I am planning for the family for Christmas. I continue to be a failed knitter, but this one project I think I can handle. Handmade Christmas for family, children excluded. It’s right around the corner you know.
7. The computer remote control. It’s been a rough week. Don’t know why. Girls and I were all testy, back ached, work was rough. I’ve never been a television person, but I have discovered a few shows I really, really like, so I’ve been watching them in the evenings on the computer after the girls go to bed. I have been anti-television but I’ve been relishing nights, curled up in a quilt with the remote catching up on new episodes of Glee and House, apparently I like shows with one word titles.
So that’s it in a nutshell. My week in a snapshot. Hoping yours was a good one.