I decided to focus on three goals only. Anything that jumps in beyond that is just a bonus. I’ve outlined a plan (ha, that’s scary in itself) and am going to break out smaller goals to work on every month. Changing everything at once never works. Never! Too overwhelming, so I am going to focus each month on changing or doing a few things.
Here are my broad goals for 2010:
1. Be mindful, grow and learn in the area of whole living, eating and wellness.
2. Simplify and organize the home.
3. Take more photographs and build my online photo community.
So for the month of January, I’ve given myself some goals.
1. Get 7-8 hours sleep every night. EVERY night. I’m notorious for staying up late after getting the girls to bed and my body and my mind suffer the consequences. So that is my wellness goal for January.
2. Sort, organize and donate any clothing we have saved up in the basement. The local fire company is having a warm, clothing drive and I have (after sorting this weekend) two bags of winter clothes/scarves/coats that the girls have outgrown. I still need to sort out and store the summer clothes that are piled up in my bedroom and go through the closets and pull out anything in our current wardrobe we are not wearing.
3. Start the 365 project. For two years I have watched other bloggers do the 365 project. If you don’t know about it click this link. The 365 project involves taking a photo every day of the year. Looking back it gives you a snapshot of what you experienced throughout the year and gives you a chance to grow as a photographer. I joined the 365 group on Flickr to try to maintain the commitment and started my own page at Project 365, to document it. I would encourage anyone to join.
So that’s it. All I’m demanding of myself. I’d also like to clean out my kitchen cabinets and finish reading Coop (see 2010 reads tab) by the end of the month. So hopefully I can do that too.
My last wish is to continue to connect with the other members of this online community. I am blessed to have been touched by all of you. Everyday I seem to find more and more amazing people. My blog counter shows me about 100 people visit here daily, so if you haven’t already, please take a moment to say hello. I’ve been bad about commenting on other’s blogs over the holidays, but hope I can take the time now that things are settling down.