I promise you that at some point:
1. I am going to look at you and not know what you are thinking.
2. you are going to hurt each other’s feelings and not value each other.
3. you are going to feel that I “DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOU ONE BIT”.
4. you are going to think I am, weird, crazy, wacko, out of touch, a freak of nature, over the top, ridiculous.
5. someone you thought was a friend is going to say something about you to someone else that will hurt you.
6. someone you thought was a friend will just disappear from your life.
7. a boy you really, really, really like, is not going to know you exist.
8. a boy is going to really, really, break your heart.
9. school is going to seem too hard and too time consuming.
10. you will think you are ready for a relationship that I know you are not ready for.
11. you will think that you got away with something that I will know about but never tell you.
12. you will struggle with your body image.
13. you will care about what other people think about you.
14. you will think every year that this is the only time there is and how important it is.
15. you are going to question the existence of God.
16. you will ask me questions about your father that I may still not feel ready to tell you about.
17. you will be embarassed when I talk to you about sex.
18. you will no longer think the music I listen to is “cool”.
19. you will shy away from my hugs and my kisses.
20. you will be afraid to tell me how you are really feeling.
I already know this,